Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week of 8/7/12

Monday:

MT: 1,2,switch 2 lk, check, evade teep, 2x right kick
123, 2rk, chk, evade, 2xlk

mitts: 1,2,slip, 4,3,2 switch 2x left knees
1,2, slip slap 5,2,3, 2x right knees

sparring

Tuesday: 185lbs
BJJ:
spider guard to triangle. Worked on getting the angle. Align body to the arm that's pulled across.

tips for not getting stuck in triangle. Both arms in, both arms out. Got a few good sweeps off in drilling. Need to work on some spider guard sweeps. And transitioning into DLR.

Wednesday: 187lbs
MT:
same combos as Monday.
Brutal cardio today. I was worn out from Tuesdays circuit at the end of class.
The notable thing was the pre-sparring conditioning. 1minute of each. 1,2,3,2rks, 1,2, 2lks ; l and r kicks, no switch, just hip rotation, feet not staggered ; teeps ; side knees

Sparring went really well. I felt like I had more time to see and react to punches. I concentrated on not doing the 'you go, I go' method I have been doing. I if I saw an opening, i would attack. Lots of teeps and jabs. I am having good luck with a rear leg teep, then as soon as it plants back, throw a low rear kick. Terry is still giving me good pressure. He doesn't let me get my punches off, likes throwing hooks. I am trying to do touch-and-go when he comes in and not get stuck in cement when I catch a flurry. circle, jab and teep. Either people are going easier on me, or I'm getting better. I need a beefier mouthguard for MT. I got caught on the chin w/ a glancing cross, and my jaw is a bit sore today. Will order one soon.

Thursday: BJJ

Drilled open guard sweeps. Spider guard, leg lasso. Several pushing sweeps from here. As well as passing open guard. grips on knees, tug to pull hooks out, drive knees aside, get weight down.

Saturday: 3 mile run 100 pushups


No comments:

Post a Comment